About Me

My Photo
Amongst other things, this is a love story.... the theme changes occasionally... this year it is fitness and learning to love yourself.

28 March 2015

#atozchallenge. Theme reveal for 2015 A-Z challenge.

Hi fellow challengers.

I really thought I had several valid excuses not to do this years challenge.

The last 6 months have been tough. They have also bought me an incredible sense of joy and clarity.  Excuse number 1: Turmoil.

I have been home in Melbourne since October 2014  - but will be on my way back home to Europe mid April. Excuse number 2: Transit

My Mum died on Jan 19.  My family and I reacted in ways that I am still coming to terms with leading up to and after her passing.  Excuse number 3: Grief

I have put absolutely no thought into this years challenge until just now. Excuse number 4: Unprepared.

etc etc etc.

We can all come up with excuses but one thing I've learnt from my dear Mum is that my generation doesn't understand what tough really is. I'm not ready to write all about her yet, but the time will come.

Instead I am going to alphabetically choose all sorts of emotions that presented themselves during the tough times. We all have dark sides. I believe the most horrible people never acknowledge they have one. Worst, are the type of people that lose their shit at you for being upset and then blame you for being or doing something awful...

Positive and optimistic people get angry too, and that is OK.  We get upset, hurt, grieve and if people put us in a position where we have to fight for what we believe in - we will.  It doesn't make us bad people. In fact, it is quite the opposite, it makes us real.

So for this years challenge I am going to keep my posts very short, a quote here a short story there, a gif (is that a word?) or image, on the emotions that present themselves during the tough times... and perhaps even some coping mechanisms and healing techniques too.

It is time to 'Let it go Let it go'

"Here I stand 
In the light of day... 
I don't care 
What they're going to say 
Let the storm rage on, 
The cold never bothered me anyway" 
Seriously, copy and pasted quote from the movie Frozen's 'Let it go' song, why won't you centre?  I listened to this song for the first time last week... still haven't seen the movie.

This other quote kind of sums it up nicely too.

Do I have to credit the source if the source is in the image?

Happy ##atozchallenge to everyone involved and to the people who complain about everyone else's involvement, I hope you have a great month too.

Here is the link to sign up for the A to Z challenge if you want to join this year too.


- I will try my best to get all the badges up before April 1.  

Ida



20 comments :

  1. It makes me happy to see that you will be writing again this year :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me happier to see that you are happy too skat xo

      Delete
  2. Well, Ida, I like your theme! Perhaps through this you can help others through their tough spots and heal a little more yourself.
    Sorry for the loss of your mom. Life & Faith in Caneyhead
    I am Ensign B ~ One of Tremp's Troops with the
    A to Z Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara Thanks for your tweet and popping in. If I am capable of posting every day, (i am still struggling with A) I hope you are right.

      Delete
  3. Hi Ida - so sorry about your mother, especially if things weren't happy with the other members of the family - always difficult - but I'm glad you're looking on the bright side, and believing in you and having the strength to do join us in the A-Z ... it's an exciting and positive time, though can be draining, but it'll release some ideas from you and I'm sure will be carthartic ... looking forward to your entries. Take care and travel well - it's a long way here ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an unhappy time for all of us. The bright side is the only thing I have left in my arsenal of making things better, that and time. All the best Hilary your posts are always intriguing

      Delete
  4. So sorry about your loss Ida. Take care. Glad that you are coming out of this difficult period. An appropriate theme and I am looking forward to reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Archana, not sure I am coming out of it yet, more going through it still. Hard to believe it is this time of year again.

      Delete
  5. I'll be reading this year only.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good on you Shelly, reading and commenting is the most time consuming bit, I will do my best but won't be able to keep up the frantic pace of previous years until after i get back home... (hopefully the jet lag will work to my advantage

      Delete
  6. I'm very sorry about the death of your mother, Ida.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks William. I am lucky I got to nurse her and spend her last few months together. All the best

      Delete
  7. Oh Ida...so sorry to hear about your mom. You are one of the people I look forward to connecting with every April. I look forward to being here....new blog and name due to a troll but im still zoe just not on my site!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and here was thinking who is this Ivy Walker woman that i connect with every year and have no recollection of :D stupid trollers, I think this theme is going to evolve into an a to z of everything that annoys me :)

      Delete
  8. Hi Ida,

    To echo the sentiments others, I'm sorry to read of the passing of your beloved mother. You have had some hectic times and yet, your resilience and positivity shines through as a beacon of optimism.

    Although you may remember I find the whole alphabet challenge just way too long and hijacks the blogging community, I do wish you and all those involved, the very best.

    In kindness,

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gary I don't remember anything of the sort. What I do remember is that you moan and whinge about it for a whole month but secretly love that it brings the blogging community a little closer together... Thanks for your sentiments and for being so kind.

      Delete
    2. Hi Ida,

      What I've actually done in the past is ironically promote something I actually do consider to be something I wish would just vanish. If the emails I get from folks struggling with it brings the blogging community that little bit closer, than so be it. Take care, Ida.

      Gary :)

      Delete
    3. Hi Gary, I had the privilege of meeting is a couple years ago during this particular challenge and I'm much the richer for it. That said, I'm very curious about what you've said here. Have you written about this anywhere? I'd like to read more. Also in kindness, Susan

      Delete
  9. Ida, thanks for letting us know about your mother, and my condolences to you and family. Grief will take its course, there's no hurrying it.
    I look forward to you posts - the one above is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Ida, I'm very sorry for your loss. I've also lost a parent and I remember what it felt like. I am so glad you sent me an invite to like your page -- I hadn't realized you were doing it this year. I'm looking forward to reading what you have to say.

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy