About Me

My Photo
Amongst other things, this is a love story.... the theme changes occasionally... this year it is fitness and learning to love yourself.

13 May 2014

#atozchallenge 2014 Reflections post


I survived the 2014 A to Z Challenge did you?

There's a few too many people who deserve extra mentions for me to list them all here.

In general thanks need to go out to -

Arlee Bird and the co-hosts (and their helpers) - a lot of effort goes into keeping the sign up list tidy.

People who shared posts and left comments (so many were heart warming)

Organisers and participants of the #AZChat on twitter  (leading up to and during the challenge)  It was a great initiative and certainly improved the social/interactive aspect of this years challenge.

The challenge is certainly a great source of information and inspiration as far as improving the overall look and feel of a new blog too.

My most successful post was my theme reveal post.  The hop within a hop - another great idea.  Makes me wonder about the benefits of a smaller hop. This years #Atozchallenge 'festival' attracted over 2000 followers. *crowd cheers*

It was overwhelming.  I found it impossible to keep up the pace I set in the first couple of weeks and was grateful that I had scheduled the tail end of the alphabet before the challenge started.  Otherwise I might have dropped out.

A big congratulations to everyone involved.


My theme this year was '26 Greatest loves of my life.'  Below are the links and a brief explanation of each post -


26 Greatest loves of my life - Let's call him Adam
5 years old - who wants to play kiss chasey?

26 Greatest loves of my life - Lets call him Baranaby
6 years old - risk taker.

26 Greatest loves of my life - Let's call him Cazaly
Love me - love my football team

26 Greatest loves of my life - Let's call him Dog
I was surprised by the amount of tears - mine and the commenters.

26 Greatest loves of my life - Let's call him Erik
There can only be one number 1

26 Greatest loves of my life - Let's call him Father
Seems a lot of people wish they had a Dad just like mine.

26 Greatest loves of my life - Let's call him Geronimo
First embarrassing kiss moment.

26 Greatest loves of my life - Let's call them Hormonal teenagers
keeping my love hormones to myself until I sorted out the brutes from the gentlemen.

26 Greatest loves of my life - Let's call her Ida
What's in a name - A lot if your name is Ida

26 Greatest loves of my life - Let's call him Jeremiah
A girls best friend... is sometimes a man.

26 Greatest loves of my life - Let's call him Ken
His Mother put an end to this budding romance.

26 Greatest loves of my life - Let's call it a Love song
A real love song - from a friend... written, recorded, perfumed, and you-tubed :)

26 Greatest loves of my life - Let's call her Mama
Pearls of wisdom because there isn't enough words.

26 Greatest loves of my life... Nature
Nurture nature = nurture yourself.

26 Greatest loves of my life lets call him Oh my Odin
Riské but worth it.

26 Greatest loves of my life lets call him Peridot
Adult love

26 Greatest loves of my life lets call it Quiet I'm reading
Confessions of a reader.

26 Greatest loves of my life lets call it Reflexology
Soul to sole.

26 Greatest loves of my life lets call him Sherlock
Hard to resist.

26 Greatest loves of my life lets call The Truth
Fundamental.

26 Greatest loves of my life lets call him Ulysses
1 heart = 3 hearts

26 Greatest loves of my life lets call him Vent
Forgive and forget.

26 Greatest loves of my life lets call them Wazza and Wyn
Write wrong to right wrong.

26 Greatest loves of my life - sounds like X's
Ode to my exe's

26 Greatest loves of my life lets call him Yarra
Open your heart.

26 Greatest loves of my life lets call him Zoro
Save the best to last.

Thanks for joining me along the way.  I enjoyed sharing this part of my life with you.

Are you joining the A to Z challenge road trip?

Ida
***


I use #atozchallenge when sharing my favourite posts.

Like Reflex Reactions on Facebook

Follow @ReflexReactions on Twitter

Add me to your circles on Google+ 


***

Read more about:

 The A to Z challenge here.













9 comments :

  1. Hi Ida .. glad you enjoyed yourself .. I don't think I'll join the road trip - got masses of other things going on - but I will no doubt spot others who get involved.

    Glad you had a happy time ... and your theme was fun ... I've just posted about "my Ida" ... posted up yesterday ... well done on finishing .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing AND rocking the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats.
    I give you guys who do this lots of Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did great work on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations. I love the stories of different people you love and loved.
    I have to catch up on a lot. Not have been very active lately on blogger. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear human, Ida,

    Please accept my apawlogy for taking so long to get to your reflection pawst. The irony is that I've been so busy commenting on the amazing alphabet challenge. Yes, the challenge that is the alternative to my good natured challenge.

    You did very well, my human friend. It was nice to see some originality. And yes, the story of your beloved dog touched my doggy heart.

    Pawsitive wishes and enjoy the rest of the weekend,

    Penny :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all you added to this year's Challenge. It was especially good seeing you at the Twitter chats. I thought that was a great new feature and we'll be doing it again. We may even try a few off season to see who would participate.

    Lee
    An A to Z Co-Host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on finishing the challenge. It sounds like you had a great theme!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello there. Watching a loved one deteriorate cannot be easy. Please take comfort in the scriptures at Revelation 21:3-5.
    Just want to say well done for completing the A-Z Challenge! Stopping by from the Road Trip.

    Entrepreneurial Goddess

    ReplyDelete

Enjoy